HIgh End Pack + Beginner Pack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are clearly with post enhancement. I do edit photo from time to times so I know.
why not show us a photo of the corals taking with your phone camera.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are clearly with post enhancement. I do edit photo from time to times so I know.
why not show us a photo of the corals taking with your phone camera.

We are willing to take cell pics for anyone who requests them. Just shoot us a PM. A lot of packs end up getting a cell pic prior to shipping them out to the buyer.

As far as post enhancement goes, yes we do clean our photos up, crop them, resize them, color/white balance them. When we shoot in RAW, we use Adobe Photoshop CC built in RAW editor (the window that pops up when you open a RAW photo, to white balance.

We don't run an abundance of white lighting over our systems, so getting that "sunlight" look is a bit impossible. I suppose we could have more daylight tubes on hand, just for photos, but moving SPS corals around for a photographs is enough stress on them already (blasting them with 8 daylights wouldn't be ideal)

We've tried using the cameras built in white balance adjustments, and some of the corals just look plain weird when shifted to a warmer temperature.

Here are two more versions of the high end pack:

Verson 1, is pretty much true to the eye. You can see the black eggcrate underneath the frags reflecting the blue lighting from our t5s

Verson 2 is after the "saturation" slider has been moved all the way to the right

Version 3 is just Ebay Style ULTRA!

oscarcolino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new in sps I only have some montiporas and bird nest do you recommend the beginner pack or I should get some easier ones first thank u

OP
OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new in sps I only have some montiporas and bird nest do you recommend the beginner pack or I should get some easier ones first thank u

The acropora in the beginner pack are extremely forgiving, and generally known as "easier" to keep as far as acros go :)

If you montipora and birdnest corals are doing well, these beginner acros would definitely be great "testers"

We'd also be happy to send a couple freebies if you are willing to pay for shipping, so you can try a couple out. Shoot us a PM

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back