High light / High positioning / low light low positioning

CHI-Mark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2016
Messages
128
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All

I want to double check what I'm thinking. When looking at coral care if it states the piece needs high light can I assuming it needs to be up high in the aquarium and low light means towards the bottom?

Mark
 
For the most part yes. Intensity will drop the farther down in the tank you get. One thing to keep in mind, just because it's low in the tank doesn't mean the intensity is low. There are tanks out there that are getting higher PAR on their sandbed than I am at the surface...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new