High phosphate (.41) making all coral receed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fisherc92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fisherc92

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Messages
334
Reaction score
231
Location
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
usually running under .1 i am above 4x and believe my corals are being affected. i did a 5 gal water change 18 hours ago and cleaned the skimmer out. i tested my saltwater reserve and it came back with .03... i use the hanna checker.


feel free to fire Qs back... hell ill skype so you can see said corals. appreciate it
 
.41 will not necessarily kill your corals, but a jump from .1 to .41 will. Stability is key. Any idea what caused the jump?
 
Would not think that was the issue, I accidentally dosed my tank with too much food grade phosphates I was running around 0.02 and then maxed my Hanna tester out at .99 within one day and I lost nothing my PO4 was reading .59 a month ago it’s not 0.28 and everything is happy. I think it may be another issue.
 
I had a thought it was my tester but I got a low reading from my reserve after testing display.
I started feeding live brine a week and a half ago.

Only thing I've done different.

Screenshot_20201107-210119_AquaticLog.jpg


Screenshot_20201107-205839_AquaticLog.jpg
 
definitely noted. im just noticing off things with every coral ive had in here for any substantial amount of time. examples - can see some psammy skeleton. a favia receeded. gonis look thin and bend in the middle as they sway. leptos receeding. a couple zoas wont open / not opening as much.
 
i should note that my fireowrks psammacora was moved during a tank clean and started to regrow. it did not receed in the middle. this was also over a month ago.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new