OP
OP
ccejka

ccejka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run GFO and carbon in a reactor for one hour, 3 times a day to control PO4 levels. When it is below .1 then I just adjust schedule or turn until needed

Very interesting idea I was going to just run a lower flow amount 24/7 but I am going to do some research into this. Trying to learn as much as I can before I get my 225 gallon up and running.

OP
OP
ccejka

ccejka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tested my PO4 levels on Tuesday 0.49 ppm replaced my Rowa as normal and then the next day it had dropped to 0.00 ppm. My nitrates are also at 0.00 ppm.... All the people warned me it would happen fast but dang I am learning a lot as this goes pulling the Rowa out and going to test daily still. My chaeto is still looking green and all the corals are showing good color still. I am working on plumbing up the reactor today so when I get some testable PO4 levels I will add the Carbon/GFO mix and keep testing.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tested my PO4 levels on Tuesday 0.49 ppm replaced my Rowa as normal and then the next day it had dropped to 0.00 ppm. My nitrates are also at 0.00 ppm.... All the people warned me it would happen fast but dang I am learning a lot as this goes pulling the Rowa out and going to test daily still.

That's kinda why I've switched to using lanthanum chloride when I need to lower phosphates, I can calculate the exact dose that's needed based on where I'm at now and where I want to be. I never got good at guessing how much GFO or the other granular phosphate removers to use, or how long to leave them in, or if they needed changing.

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's kinda why I've switched to using lanthanum chloride when I need to lower phosphates, I can calculate the exact dose that's needed based on where I'm at now and where I want to be. I never got good at guessing how much GFO or the other granular phosphate removers to use, or how long to leave them in, or if they needed changing.

Witch produce you use
Also what corals you keep

OP
OP
ccejka

ccejka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am going to have to take a look into that... GFO pops up like crazy when you start to digging into lowering phosphates.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back