Found out what was happening to my acans and other soft corals
de41223a18449cf0e2aa7c979a3238dd.jpg

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's almost like adding that last load of corals a few months back inspired him to start eating your older corals. Odd!!!

Can you think of any changes to the tank's feeding routine that happened around the same time?

FloodWaters

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always at least 1 troublemaker in the bunch! Glad to hear you were able to solve the mystery and if you do run into a phosphate issue I would recommend (properly dosed!) lanthanum chlorid. That stuff is magic in a bottle if used correctly.

OP
OP
rudyrizzo

rudyrizzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's almost like adding that last load of corals a few months back inspired him to start eating your older corals. Odd!!!

Can you think of any changes to the tank's feeding routine that happened around the same time?

Nope feed everyday at the same time in the morning then algae strips at night

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back