Hight magnesium

  • Thread starter Thread starter vtct
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vtct

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2024
Messages
27
Reaction score
12
Location
Puerto Rico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings to everyone, and congratulations to the parents: The magnesium in my aquarium is 1520. How dangerous is this, and how can I lower it? Thank you.
 
A water change would be best option to lower I’d say.

I don’t think 1500 is dangerous, but not certain. I will say that Vic from world wide corals gave his recommended parameters once, and his recommendation for Mg was between 1400-1500
 
Did you dose magnesium?

More likely than not, the magnesium test was faulty. We don’t test magnesium anymore for that reason.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new