Richard savage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty guys to start here are the levels
cal -400 alk-8 ph- 8 mag-1200 amo-0 no2-0, n03-0 temp 78, sal 1.023
Just got a hippo tang about a week ago, (roughly 2 inch big) At the LFS he was eating and doing fine, after the transfer to my display tank he ate the first two days and since then will not touch anything, I feed a mixed variety of Pe calanus, emerald entree, brine, algea strips, and omega flakes. His tank mates are a powder brown, a flame fin tomini, And a clown fish.None of the fish were picking on him But he still wouldn't eat up until last night, then he ate some of the Omega flakes.Today when I got home he was laying on his side against a rock so I moved him to the hospital tank,Is there any way to bounce him back out of this or to coax him into eating again ? Or is it up to him at this point?All of the other food He would eat but then immediately spit out, All food has been soaked in Garlic. any help is greatly appreciated.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi ,is common for hippo to lay in weird positions,under rocks..etc.. but any damage to him,heavy breathing,signs of illness??pics,short video could help.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back