Hitchhiker crab

ReefingEd27

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix Az
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1546.JPG
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG
I found this crab a couple month back as probably 1/4 the size that it is right now( it's now about an inch). I first found it on a bubble coral and right now I just caught in on my Duncan coral. If anybody knows if this type of crab is harmful or if it's not a big deal please let me know thanks.
 
Type of Xanthid crab. Sometimes called gorilla crab. I would take it out. I put mine in the sump. Usually pointy tip claws are bad
 
Xanthid, sump him. They can live off basically nothing, but can eat anything, and will eat everything. As a sump pet, they'll clean up any gunk that makes it to the sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new