Hitchhiker ID help please!

leighla wolf

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2020
Messages
254
Reaction score
320
Location
Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these little dudes in quarantine and wasn’t able to pop them off their plugs. These survived their dips and I’d like to know what hitchhikers I’m dealing with as my display tank has none!

On the acan hitchhiker one is part of their skeleton.

On my encruster, hitchhiker 2 are on bottom of plug.

On the acro I’m unsure what to do as the skeleton is showing due to whatever’s attached.

Apologies for the dirty glass. I leave the algae for the snails because those get quarantined for 3 months before going into DT too in case any ick or velvet eggs attached to their shells.

422A038E-0244-4001-90E3-7FD5290A2431.jpeg B9CC9070-C2D0-41DF-AC32-7A82C0ABD289.jpeg 3C3E94AF-377E-4399-AC5E-AA5C53852BE4.jpeg
 
Circled for convenience!
 

Attachments

  • 8BD4F2A3-68D7-4C1D-A613-D548DF11D7BD.jpeg
    8BD4F2A3-68D7-4C1D-A613-D548DF11D7BD.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 052620F5-C9D3-40BF-90DD-F5C4DD942862.jpeg
    052620F5-C9D3-40BF-90DD-F5C4DD942862.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 82
  • D3BDADE3-479B-47B5-8B77-815129C64CC4.jpeg
    D3BDADE3-479B-47B5-8B77-815129C64CC4.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 80

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new