Hitchhiker on Cerith Snail?

KellyGee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2021
Messages
33
Reaction score
54
Location
North Carolina
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
34A476EF-4410-4E84-AADB-40C3856D53AB.jpeg

Hey guys,

I’ve had this Cerith snail since October - I thought I’d just gotten an ugly boy but over the last month or so his “protrusion” has gotten bigger, and today I just saw that it has a mantle/mouth that is opening? Could anyone help me out with an ID?
Thanks all and happy reefing! 9EEA9476-DDCF-4A45-99B4-A5E3D6F23C06.jpeg
 
Looks like some sort of bivalve, nothing to worry about (unless the snail has trouble moving).
Thanks Sharkbait! Little guy doesn’t seem to be having any issues, it’s more that I’m just fascinated with hitchhikers!
I guess the little girl inside me was hoping it was going to be some fantastical looking clam or scallop….
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new