Hitchhiker on my macro ?

rattrapdotcom

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2024
Messages
37
Reaction score
19
Location
atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi ! i’m new here and to marine aquarium keeping in general. I ordered some macro algae and the Ulva I ordered came with this lil guy and pieces of him all over it. just wanted to know if this is a bad, good, or neutral hitchhiker ?? any tips and advice is appreciated as well !!

IMG_6380.jpeg IMG_6379.jpeg
 
THAT is a pest anemone. If you didn't put the weed in the tank yet I would encourage you to throw it out. Those things spread quickly and are difficult to get rid of. They reproduce from tiny fragments and that weed is contaminated.
 
hi ! i’m new here and to marine aquarium keeping in general. I ordered some macro algae and the Ulva I ordered came with this lil guy and pieces of him all over it. just wanted to know if this is a bad, good, or neutral hitchhiker ?? any tips and advice is appreciated as well !!

IMG_6380.jpeg IMG_6379.jpeg
Aiptasia
 
THAT is a pest anemone. If you didn't put the weed in the tank yet I would encourage you to throw it out. Those things spread quickly and are difficult to get rid of. They reproduce from tiny fragments and that weed is contaminated.
I didn’t put it in yet ! someone on reddit said I could rinse the ulva with aquarium water and make sure there’s none on it and introduce it. but you say to throw the whole macro out ? i’m not sure what to do, I don’t want my money to be wasted or the macro to just have to be thrown out :(
 
I didn’t put it in yet ! someone on reddit said I could rinse the ulva with aquarium water and make sure there’s none on it and introduce it. but you say to throw the whole macro out ? i’m not sure what to do, I don’t want my money to be wasted or the macro to just have to be thrown out :(
I'd ask for my money back... who was the seller?
 
Thats actually crazy they had to have known that was in there it’s so blatant....
yea I thought maybe it was a cute lil freebie of something good, but my hopes quickly vanished after reading the replies lol
 
Little update ! the seller was Corals Anonymous and they refuse to give me a refund or replacement or any help at all really. DO NOT recommend buying from them as they were very unprofessional in handling my complaint and questions :(
 
Little update ! the seller was Corals Anonymous and they refuse to give me a refund or replacement or any help at all really. DO NOT recommend buying from them as they were very unprofessional in handling my complaint and questions :(
Sadly looking for a quick buck it seems
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new