Hitchhikers and unknowns.

Gerald Garcia

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
83
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
be4f2c44b2ed2721b08a8d71223538d1.jpg

aaa2e4850d9d35a2ab49f504d70f0dbd.jpg

Seen this in my tank, anyone know what it may be. Almost missed it, till I turned off the filters. It's about the same size as a tiny bubble.
 
be4f2c44b2ed2721b08a8d71223538d1.jpg

aaa2e4850d9d35a2ab49f504d70f0dbd.jpg

Seen this in my tank, anyone know what it may be. Almost missed it, till I turned off the filters. It's about the same size as a tiny bubble.
Hydroids. Bad, get rid of if possible.
 
Thanks, I will... The next time I see it.
 
If they are swimming in the water column could be a tiny jellyfish.
 
They usually go away with time, I had some pop up in my tank one time and they were gone the next day :)
 
Yeah, this was about 2 days ago... I haven't seen it again. I only saw it after I notice it's strange movements amongst the small bubbles... So I turned off the filters to take a better look... And it bobbed up and down... Very jellyfish style. That would have been cool if it was. I'll see if I can upload the strange vid I took of it.
 
I had them in my current build. It's less then 3 months old. Whenever I would turn the pumps off, the couple that were attached to the glass would release and hand at the top looking like mini Jellyfish.

They basically disappeared after a few weeks. Check out wetwebmedia's section on medusa hydroids.

Dave
 
I had them in my current build. It's less then 3 months old. Whenever I would turn the pumps off, the couple that were attached to the glass would release and hand at the top looking like mini Jellyfish.

They basically disappeared after a few weeks. Check out wetwebmedia's section on medusa hydroids.

Dave
Will do Dave, and thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new