Hitchhikers in Chaeto

Jeremy165

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2025
Messages
36
Reaction score
49
Location
Sammamish (near Seattle)
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I purchased some chaeto from my LFS to put in my refugium. When I got home and opened the plastic bag, I noticed some worms in the chaeto. I meticulously went through the strands and pulled out every worm I could. Then I put the chaeto in my QT. I wish that I did a coral dip or freshwater dip for the chaeto before putting it in my QT. Because now if there was something in the chaeto, its in my QT.

Before putting the chaeto in my DT refugium, I will definietly do a coral dip and a freshwater dip.

But what do you think of these red worms. Baddies? Thanks!

IMG_0426.jpg IMG_0428.jpg
 
they look like bristle worms to me too, maybe a closer up photo? it's fine to remove them regardless, and freshwater dip of course.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new