Hitchiker with Zoa

Finnjävel

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Got my first corals a while ago. First one was a Duncan and the other one was Zoa. Now I noticed that there was a hitchiker with Zoa. Definitely not a bad one, I guess, but still no idea is it another Zoa or Paly. I don't want any palys, free or not.

What do you think? That brown one with a tiny one.

IMG_20210628_203932.jpg

Fritz
OP
Finnjävel

Finnjävel

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks for answers. Aiptasia was the first thing that I googled. Definitely not that because mine has a disk.

Protopaly, if invasive I might kick it out of my tank. Do you recommend to frag it to separate stone and give it some time or is it possible that it will grow somewhere else in my tank away its current location?

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

tjohnson3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks for answers. Aiptasia was the first thing that I googled. Definitely not that because mine has a disk.

Protopaly, if invasive I might kick it out of my tank. Do you recommend to frag it to separate stone and give it some time or is it possible that it will grow somewhere else in my tank away its current location?
They’re not as invasive as some zoas can be, but individuals CAN/WILL detach from rock and “float” to another area of the tank… I have nuclear green protos that do this, but they’re gorgeous and super flourescent so I don’t mind… they’re nowhere close to being as bad as say Mohawk or Pandora zoas, Xenia, Kenya trees, etc. that can take over a tank. I say let them be and go with the real reef look of them coexisting together

Fritz

Do you quarantine new coral before adding it to your reef tank?

• YES always

Votes: 72 17.9%
  • Sometimes depending (tell us why)

Votes: 49 12.2%
  • NO never

Votes: 269 66.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 3.0%
FM