Hitchikers?

Reef.ductionist

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
326
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weel i believe the second one is aptasia but it would be great if someone else knows the answer and could share their knowlege about it.
But the first one is obviously some kind od seaslug I think?
Anybody know?
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390191821.673583.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390191832.451591.jpg
 
First one looks to be a Stomatella snail (very good snail) and the second one is definitely aiptasia.
 
The first one is a harmless snail. I don't know the scientific name, but I have encountered them many times and they are harmless. They eat algae and waste

The second one is an aiptasia. You can read here on the forum many articles about treating them.
 
Yay! fudge!!
Wow. Ok cool... Great I was hoping I would never see the day I got Aptasia. Since its just one i guess ill inject it with kalk but will read up those other threads. I m really happy I have an algae eating snail/slugThanks guys.
 
Last edited:
Get a Peppermint shrimp for the Aptasia. Smaller the better I'm told. My problem was taken care of in a matter of 2 days before it got outta hand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new