Hiya from East TN

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ruby Alys
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Welcome to R2R!!!!

I see Over flow box and pump. What else do you have questions about? Lighting, Sump, Heaters, Cycling the tank and the list goes on and on.
75g is a good size tank and you can have a lot more fish and corals.

I say: list your equipment as you keep thinking. All the friendly members here will help you choose. GOOD LUCK and welcome again to the world of Reefing!! Get ready to get addicted.
 
welcome-to-the-family.jpg
 
I have a sump picked out, I believe its an Eshopps. I'll have to double check when I get home. For lighting, I'm looking at a dual t5 lighting, I think. Have looked into it but not found exactly what I want. I'm at work right now and all my links are saved at home, lol so I may have to update the list later today.
 
Yeah, we are looking for the Herbie style drain. We're going to be drilling holes this weekend in the glass for the drains and the overflow box.

As for coral, I really like the softies and some hard corals, but I have read that they can hurt each other.
Yes, they have defense mechanisms, some stronger than others. Here's an article which you might find useful in deciding where to place your corals: https://www.petcoach.co/article/mechanisms-of-coral-aggression-and-how-to-control-it/. Good idea to study them at night when sweeper tentacles often come out.
Personally, I like a "full" look and place mine close together, understanding that rearranging some every now and then is necessary.
 
Welcome to reef2reef! Good advice from the members here. T5's are a good place to start.

RO/DI Unit's are a must, as is a good ATO. A quality refractometer is also needed as well.

Welcome once again!
 
Welcome Ruby to R2R.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new