Hiya from East TN

Ruby Alys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!
I'm Ruby, 28, East TN.
I am ABSOLUTELY new to reefing. I am working on getting my first tank set up - 75 gallon tank with coral and a clown warty frogfish.

So far I have the tank. I ordered the overflow box and a Jeboa SW-8 pump yesterday.

Not sure what else to put.
I've watched a ton of videos from BRS and Fish of Hex among other videos as well.
Always welcome questions, suggestions, and feedback.

<3

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy.gif
#WelcometoR2R

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!! We're all thrilled to have a new member and reefer amongst us even if we don't all have flashy banners like @crabs_mcjones ;) (It's really the only reason why we keep him around). So on to questions about your system, what kind of overflow is it? And do you have any questions for us? There is literally an unlimited wealth of information to be found on this site via the handy little search tab or by asking any of the countless talented and very knowledgeable members.

Oh I almost forgot!!! Feel free to start a build thread of your tank in the member tanks forum. It's a great way to share your build with all of us (And by build I mean pictures, we demand a lot of pictures;Snaphappy), ask questions and document your progress along the way.

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!! We're all thrilled to have a new member and reefer amongst us even if we don't all have flashy banners like @crabs_mcjones ;) (It's really the only reason why we keep him around).
you__re_just_jelly_by_kaitlynclinkscales-d3k9rsp.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered CPR RSS12DX (http://www.aquacave.com/cpr-rss12dx...w-box-with-back-plate-7-25-x-4-25-x-5-25.html).
The warty frogfish only needs like a 20 gallon tank so we have like 55 gallons extra! Would you recommend mixing hard corals and soft corals? or just doing one or the other?

Looks like an overflow for a herbie style drain, is that the type you were going for or did you have something else in mind? And extra room is always great, the more room the better!

Really coral selection is up to you and what you want. If you love softies and LPS, do a mix of those or a mix of all three, or only softies, whatever you like most. I do suggest starting out with the usual hardier corals and working your way up from there depending on your goals. Keep in mind that certain corals have specific requirements for lighting, flow and parameters so try and plan your build/equipment selection/ maintenance habits around those needs.

That's really besides the point.... :oops:

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!! Welcome to R2R, Ruby !!! You just came to the right forum with a lot of information and great people to help you. Watching those BRS videos will give you a lot of ideas on how to do many things on reefing. Happy reefing!!!

OP
OP
Ruby Alys

Ruby Alys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we are looking for the Herbie style drain. We're going to be drilling holes this weekend in the glass for the drains and the overflow box.

As for coral, I really like the softies and some hard corals, but I have read that they can hurt each other.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.
I’ll recommend going with softies first, and then consider hard Corals (lps) after first few months , if you are comfortable with it, and go for sps after a year or more.
Keep reading and asking questions, be patient, don’t do lot of changes very fast (we are talking about a cadence of months ) and you’ll be just fine

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back