Hiya from East TN

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!!

I see Over flow box and pump. What else do you have questions about? Lighting, Sump, Heaters, Cycling the tank and the list goes on and on.
75g is a good size tank and you can have a lot more fish and corals.

I say: list your equipment as you keep thinking. All the friendly members here will help you choose. GOOD LUCK and welcome again to the world of Reefing!! Get ready to get addicted.

Yati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome-to-the-family.jpg

OP
OP
Ruby Alys

Ruby Alys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sump picked out, I believe its an Eshopps. I'll have to double check when I get home. For lighting, I'm looking at a dual t5 lighting, I think. Have looked into it but not found exactly what I want. I'm at work right now and all my links are saved at home, lol so I may have to update the list later today.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we are looking for the Herbie style drain. We're going to be drilling holes this weekend in the glass for the drains and the overflow box.

As for coral, I really like the softies and some hard corals, but I have read that they can hurt each other.
Yes, they have defense mechanisms, some stronger than others. Here's an article which you might find useful in deciding where to place your corals: https://www.petcoach.co/article/mechanisms-of-coral-aggression-and-how-to-control-it/. Good idea to study them at night when sweeper tentacles often come out.
Personally, I like a "full" look and place mine close together, understanding that rearranging some every now and then is necessary.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef! Good advice from the members here. T5's are a good place to start.

RO/DI Unit's are a must, as is a good ATO. A quality refractometer is also needed as well.

Welcome once again!

OP
OP
Ruby Alys

Ruby Alys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back