HOB filter for a nano tank.

  • Thread starter Thread starter DEL 707
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DEL 707

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2024
Messages
147
Reaction score
38
Location
UK, Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 56l nano reef that is currently cycling.

I'm using a All Pond Solution HOB 400. I didn't do much research at the time because the tank was meant to be for a betta, but plans changed...

The HOB is quite noisy, a rattling hum. Which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't in the bedroom.

Can anyone recommend me a quieter HOB filter?
 
also, check to make sure that the impeller is setting correctly on current filter
Second the checking of impeller. Pull the pump out, check impeller & make sure the shaft is good, blades are not broken or completely loose & don’t lock, rubber seals are not worn out & ripping, magnet is smooth & not chewed up, pump housing is not broken especially the area that keeps the impeller centered or that there’s no debris stuck inside causing the rattle.
 
Sorry, I gave up on the HOB filter in the end.
I bought a canister filter, a fluval 107.

I tried a few different HOB's, not sure if I was unlucky, but they were too noisy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new