Hob filtration

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m starting my 40g breeder this weekend and picked up some filter floss and going to use old bag of carbon from established tank. Anyone else using other stuff. Staying away from chemi clean and all that I’m more of a carbon bio balls and floss user but this is my first time using a hob on a salt tank

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75gal sumpless tank and all I use is a good hob skimmer. I'm a huge poly filter fan so that is what I use in the media chamber on the skimmer.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a HOB filter on my 32, It's filled with rock rubble and frag plugs, and I put a bag of phosguard in there, sometimes carbon too.

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a HOB filter on my 32, It's filled with rock rubble and frag plugs, and I put a bag of phosguard in there, sometimes carbon too.
Nice yeah I’ll prob just run filterfloss and carbon and see how it goes I have used seachem phosguard before so may use it I’m starting fresh with new water new rock and using one bigger rock from my other tank and live sand in the new tank wondering how fast I’m able to add my fish and coral. Lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back