Hob overflow with sump vs tidal 55

Dad2Wyatt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2021
Messages
179
Reaction score
103
Location
Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running the filtration that came with my aquarium but looking to upgrade before adding too much bioload. My research has told me the filter does well with a light to medium bioload but not much more.

Unfortunately when setting up my tank there was so much information that a sump seemed way too difficult. Now it is my preferred filtration method.

So now I am faced with the decision: do I upgrade to a hob overflow and sump knowing that I will likely upgrade to a drilled tank in the next 1-3 years or do I go with the tidal55(the best hob filter I’ve found so far) which I have heard of many people having success with as well?

I plan on adding both fish and coral
Tank info: 55g 56x12x24
 
I'd go with the Tidal 75 and that should help with a larger bio load. When you go to a drilled tank you'll probably get a larger tank anyway - which means larger sump, a nice skimmer, UV, etc.
Thanks for the tip! I think that’s what I’ll do!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new