Hob Skimmer recommendation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Monsaas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Monsaas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2023
Messages
69
Reaction score
23
Location
Blaine
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am starting up a second tank which will be a 60G cube it will be a fowlr tank and trying to find a highly recommended hob protein skimmer. I currently have one but would like to find one with the cylinder/collection cup to be outside of the tank rather than the one I currently with the whole unit sitting inside tank taking up space inside tank. What are you suggestions and if you happen to have a great working one forsale.
 
I'm running the aquamaxx 1.5, which I think brs bought and is now the aquaready. Went with that because the pump sits inside the unit and it has an overflow for the collection cup that feeds back into the skimmer body.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new