Hole in anthias head

c.dickens9

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2025
Messages
72
Reaction score
24
Location
Raleigh nc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have no clue what’s going on here my anthias just has developed some massive hole in its head.
20260622_091719_BE67CAF8-1DE9-4EF3-ADA6-3870C351F2DE.png
 
Yeah I have no clue what’s going on here my anthias just has developed some massive hole in its head.
20260622_091719_BE67CAF8-1DE9-4EF3-ADA6-3870C351F2DE.png

That looks VERY serious. Lesions right there tend to involve the skull because the skin is so thin there. Is the eye evolved also? Tough to see because the picture is too blue.

Do you have a hospital tank? You could move the anthias and dose with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic like kanamycin or neomycin.
 
Lesion or injury which may not heal over
Broad spectrum treatment is the only hope- seachem neoplex
 
Yeah I have no clue what’s going on here my anthias just has developed some massive hole in its head.
20260622_091719_BE67CAF8-1DE9-4EF3-ADA6-3870C351F2DE.png

That looks VERY serious. Lesions right there tend to involve the skull because the skin is so thin there. Is the eye evolved also? Tough to see because the picture is too blue.

Do you have a hospital tank? You could move the anthias and dose with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic like kanamycin or neomycin.
Don’t really have a hospital tank, honestly think it’s a bit too late I was out of town for the week and this wasn’t here when I left. Hopefully can see this a bit more clearly
20260622_105053_7CF711A6-F72A-4A4C-96C0-3A0E3F67513A.png
 
Yeah I have no clue what’s going on here my anthias just has developed some massive hole in its head.
20260622_091719_BE67CAF8-1DE9-4EF3-ADA6-3870C351F2DE.png

That looks VERY serious. Lesions right there tend to involve the skull because the skin is so thin there. Is the eye evolved also? Tough to see because the picture is too blue.

Do you have a hospital tank? You could move the anthias and dose with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic like kanamycin or neomycin.
Don’t really have a hospital tank, honestly think it’s a bit too late I was out of town for the week and this wasn’t here when I left. Hopefully can see this a bit more clearly
20260622_105053_7CF711A6-F72A-4A4C-96C0-3A0E3F67513A.png
I would say if you don’t have a hospital tank give it to the lfs to see if they can save it
 
Yeah I have no clue what’s going on here my anthias just has developed some massive hole in its head.
20260622_091719_BE67CAF8-1DE9-4EF3-ADA6-3870C351F2DE.png

That looks VERY serious. Lesions right there tend to involve the skull because the skin is so thin there. Is the eye evolved also? Tough to see because the picture is too blue.

Do you have a hospital tank? You could move the anthias and dose with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic like kanamycin or neomycin.
Don’t really have a hospital tank, honestly think it’s a bit too late I was out of town for the week and this wasn’t here when I left. Hopefully can see this a bit more clearly
20260622_105053_7CF711A6-F72A-4A4C-96C0-3A0E3F67513A.png
I would say if you don’t have a hospital tank give it to the lfs to see if they can save it
Read online that activated carbon could cause this? Not 100% sure if that’s true but just removed mine and gonna see if it has any recovery
 
That injury is not from running carbon.

That poor fish looks like it swam into or got stuck in a wavemaker or something. yikes.

a dedicated QT tank to treat with appropriate meds is definitely the way to go.
 
Last edited:
Read online that activated carbon could cause this? Not 100% sure if that’s true but just removed mine and gonna see if it has any recovery

No, carbon causes head and lateral line erosion (HLLE). This isn’t that issue. I published one of two studies that showed that carbon causes HLLE, but this is a bacterial infection I’m afraid…..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new