Hole in favia

  • Thread starter Thread starter BryanM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BryanM

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2024
Messages
8,973
Reaction score
11,048
Location
Morgan Hill
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Full disclosure there was a small hole when we bought it, and its basically grown to the size you see here now, and I have no idea whats going on or what I need to do to prevent it from getting worse.

IMG_1765.jpeg
 
That is one polyp that is damaged and dying. Best hope is that it is only a result of physical damage to that polyp

I would suggest iodine dip to prevent bacterial infections that can spread rapidly.

An article was just posted yesterday on the different dips and methods and when / how to use them
 
Agree with VintageReefer

I would poke around the hole with a metal dental pick myself

See if could dig out a worm or snail like Dr Pimple Popper
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new