Hole in leptoseris(?)

WalkerLovesTheOcean

I love goniopora!
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2024
Messages
7,693
Reaction score
38,345
Location
East Coast
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.

I have what I believe is a leptoseris that has developed a hole right in the middle of the colony.

The frag came with tissue recession on 2 of the 4 corners, that to me look like they have made an almost complete recovery.

Like I said, the coral has developed a small hole in the center. When I gently blast water at it, surrounding tissue lifts off of the skeleton.

20240529_173918.jpg


Please let me know what you think. Thank you in advance.
 
Mine was the result of a Desjardin Tang tasting.
And did it recover? The only fish I think that would do it is my TSB.
 
Hey everyone.

I have what I believe is a leptoseris that has developed a hole right in the middle of the colony.

The frag came with tissue recession on 2 of the 4 corners, that to me look like they have made an almost complete recovery.

Like I said, the coral has developed a small hole in the center. When I gently blast water at it, surrounding tissue lifts off of the skeleton.

20240529_173918.jpg


Please let me know what you think. Thank you in advance.
Don't gently blast water on it and it won't peel. ;)

By any chance did detritus settle on it in that spot?

You should probably list all your parameters, flow, lights, the whole 9 yards.
 
Don't gently blast water on it and it won't peel. ;)

By any chance did detritus settle on it in that spot?

You should probably list all your parameters, flow, lights, the whole 9 yards.
Lol, yeah. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a piece of debris.

I am not too sure if a piece of detritus settled on that spot, but it would make sense.

I will list parameters tomorrow afternoon after I test, but all my other corals are doing great (besides my galaxia...) with tons of insane polyp extension and growth. Lighting is probably too high and flow is probably a bit high, but nothing the coral can't handle. Maybe I should try shading it a little and see how it does with that.
 
It'll likely recover. Mine will get "bites" from hungry critters, sand or detritus, etc. and then it'll grow back in a couple of days.
 
It'll likely recover. Mine will get "bites" from hungry critters, sand or detritus, etc. and then it'll grow back in a couple of days.
Great! Thanks.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new