Hollywood challis losing flesh

Finding marlon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
19
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my chalice from the LFS yesterday and it looked great! when I got up this morning and looked at the tank I noticed that it had some flesh missing. This is my first chalice and just wanted opinions from people who have experience with the coral on what I should be doing I took pictures yesterday and then took some again this morning after I moved it to the sand after reading that this could be related to high flow or to high lighting. Does anyone have any opinions on any next steps on what I should be doing next to help it recover?

IMG_20210304_142304.jpg IMG_20210304_142437.jpg 20210305_110341.jpg
 
Chalices like a lower to moderate light. Flow isn't as important, but stable water params are. Have you done any tests on the tank for Phos, Trates, Cal, and Alk?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new