Hollywood Stunner Chalice

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2639.jpg

He has been chilling, but I have recently gone through an Alk swing from 10 down to 7.85, and my phosphates were high at 0.25 and I got them down to 0.3-0.1 range (with putting chemi-pure in the filter sock), closer to 0.3 though. Do you think he will be fine? He had growth before, which to me tells me he liked the spot. Since then I havent changed flow or lights just those two parameters. LFS said he will come back as they are resilient, what do you guys think about the situation?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Watch areas closely , worsen any by tomorrow ,frag off bad areas

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
they tend to want to shatter when fragged, best bet try scoring w razor blade ,then cut/snap off
if see no more recession ,should recover as said

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2639.jpg

He has been chilling, but I have recently gone through an Alk swing from 10 down to 7.85, and my phosphates were high at 0.25 and I got them down to 0.3-0.1 range (with putting chemi-pure in the filter sock), closer to 0.3 though. Do you think he will be fine? He had growth before, which to me tells me he liked the spot. Since then I havent changed flow or lights just those two parameters. LFS said he will come back as they are resilient, what do you guys think about the situation?
How did you attach it to the rock? Been dealing with glueing issues with mine where it'll just fall off. If I press too hard the skeleton just crumbles so I'm not sure what to do.
Tried superglue, reef putty, and a frag plug.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How did you attach it to the rock? Been dealing with glueing issues with mine where it'll just fall off. If I press too hard the skeleton just crumbles so I'm not sure what to do.
Tried superglue, reef putty, and a frag plug.
paper towel dab bottom of frag dry"slime" have superglue ready in place on rock or frag plug ,place and give a few minutes then wet ,give a few more min until secure then place in tank

Alpha_and_Gec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
paper towel dab bottom of frag dry"slime" have superglue ready in place on rock or frag plug ,place and give a few minutes then wet ,give a few more min until secure then place in tank
is this out of water? I don't have capability to take my rocks out of the water anymore.
I just wrapped the back half in putty, which killed half the colony but hey it is what it is

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes out of water ,never had good luck with putty and stunner.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back