Hollywood stunner chalice

Zoapro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this as a 3/4 sized frag grew for one year to 2 1/2 inches. All of a sudden it started bleaching all other corals are doing great. And I never moved it since day one in the tank until it started to bleach so I moved it to my 72 gal. Some eyes are still green but 85% bleached. Levels of ammonia nitrite and nitrate are zero and calc at 400, phosphates are good as well
IMG_0180.JPG
62be8fde269ddc90338152fa21f5527f.jpg

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates at zero can be an issue. That should really be an issue for most corals though.

My Hollywood stunner started out around half inch and it’s been almost a year and its about 5” around now and growing up like a cup. I do feed it coral frenzy ever now and then.

It’s actually a pretty picky coral from what I have seen. I’ve tried 3 good chunks I broke off mine in a friends tank and every time it dies. First it bleaches a little and then looses all tissue. Only issue in that tank is high nitrates.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @John3 chalices like dirty water.

OP
OP
Z

Zoapro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just really weird how it’s the only one bleaching I feed it chunks of mysis and reef chilly/reef roids. It always extended its tentacles and was great. I think it started once I added aqua forest coral v and af build. That’s when I noticed it bleaching.

OP
OP
Z

Zoapro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just really weird how it’s the only one bleaching I feed it chunks of mysis and reef chilly/reef roids. It always extended its tentacles and was great. I think it started once I added aqua forest coral v and af build. That’s when I noticed it bleaching.

IMG_1109.JPG

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back