Hollywood stunner chalice

Discussion in 'General LPS Discussion' started by Zoapro, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Zoapro

Zoapro Member

I got this as a 3/4 sized frag grew for one year to 2 1/2 inches. All of a sudden it started bleaching all other corals are doing great. And I never moved it since day one in the tank until it started to bleach so I moved it to my 72 gal. Some eyes are still green but 85% bleached. Levels of ammonia nitrite and nitrate are zero and calc at 400, phosphates are good as well IMG_0180.JPG[​IMG]

jsker likes this.
    Tags:

2. John3

John3 Well-Known Member

Nitrates at zero can be an issue. That should really be an issue for most corals though.

My Hollywood stunner started out around half inch and it’s been almost a year and its about 5” around now and growing up like a cup. I do feed it coral frenzy ever now and then.

It’s actually a pretty picky coral from what I have seen. I’ve tried 3 good chunks I broke off mine in a friends tank and every time it dies. First it bleaches a little and then looses all tissue. Only issue in that tank is high nitrates.

jsker likes this.
  3. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

I agree with @John3 chalices like dirty water.

4. Zoapro

Zoapro Member

It’s just really weird how it’s the only one bleaching I feed it chunks of mysis and reef chilly/reef roids. It always extended its tentacles and was great. I think it started once I added aqua forest coral v and af build. That’s when I noticed it bleaching.

5. Zoapro

Zoapro Member

IMG_1109.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted