Holy Sand-Storm, Batman!

  • Thread starter Thread starter robert829
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

robert829

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2014
Messages
54
Reaction score
5
Location
West Chester, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am currently in the process of upgrading my DT to a 75g Bowfront. Yesterday I spent the entire day making the water... yada yada yada. After the SG was right and everything was assembled, it was time to add the substrate. So I added about a half inch of crushed coral, an inch of sand, and an inch of live sand. Everything was washed thoroughly, and I mean THOROUGHLY... to the point that the coral was running clear and the sand was no longer cloudy. I added the substrate last night, and of course it was cloudy... as expected. However, much to my chagrin I awoke this morning to find the entire tank unchanged. You can't see your hand 4 inches away from the glass. My assumption is that the sand was probably too fine... even though it was marketed as "saltwater aquarium sand." :violin: I had a HOB dual-chamber filter going over night, otherwise no flow. I added a slew of polishing pads to the filter this AM, but I'm pretty sure that was a waste of time.
Anyhow, anyone have any thoughts on how to clear this thing up before I lose my dang mind?
Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new