Home made stand and RO filter customization

EndAllTyres-Hoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I was in a store called “Let’s Make a Deal” where it’s nothing but liquidation from major chain stores, I looking for something to turn into a aquarium stand for my new “used” 65 gallon tank, I found a corner cabinet that I liked, I plan on making a top for the cabinet for the aquarium to sit on, the cabinet is 3’ 2” wide by 21” deep and the tank is 3’ wide and 18” deep I didn’t do any measuring till after I purchased the cabinet for 20 bucks so I feel like I hit the mark pretty good, but also I came across an APEC RO 90 water filter that I talked them down to half of advertiser price on the internet. I have an RO buddie RO DI filter that’s been running slow lately but the DI filter hasn’t changed colors yet so I rigged it up on the APEC RO 90 system, my next question is would it be worth the time to replace the membrane on the RO buddie and run two membranes? Or would that be an overkill waste of time?

5C62BF70-5E7D-4E9B-93A6-486AE15994C0.jpeg FBDA36E8-DF34-4CB3-BB35-C9CF00CB1EF9.jpeg

Rundmc2016

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of wood is the stand made out of? If it's particle board then you might as well throw it out. That top surface doesn't look like it's supported underneath by a solid piece of wood but maybe brackets, which is also a no go. A gallon of water is 8.6ish pounds of water. That doesn't look sturdy enough for 560 lbs of water plus tank, rock, equipment.

OP
OP
E

EndAllTyres-Hoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two membranes in series to reduce waste water. The fact it fills my holding tank twice as fast is just a bonus.
I’m assuming you send the waste water from the first membrane through the second membrane?
What kind of wood is the stand made out of? If it's particle board then you might as well throw it out. That top surface doesn't look like it's supported underneath by a solid piece of wood but maybe brackets, which is also a no go. A gallon of water is 8.6ish pounds of water. That doesn't look sturdy enough for 560 lbs of water plus tank, rock, equipment.
the cabinet is made out of real wood. There are inserts on the top and bottom that are structural support that are particularly board

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 25

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back