Homewrecker broke

scabbedwings616

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2014
Messages
802
Reaction score
580
Location
Winthrop
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small piece of the coral break off. The base still has color but no tip to it. The picture isn’t that good but what are your thoughts.
IMG_3904.JPG
 
Send me that lost tip!

And one or more of those radial tips on the base will probably start growing taller pretty soon to take the lead in establishing your homewrecker colony. In time you will not notice the lost one.
 
what kind of fish are in your tank? Are you sure that nothing it munching on it. Any angels? I just got rid of a flame angel today for biting my corals. Looked just like a piece being broken off the coral.
Jeff
 
Itll be fine :) if the missing piece rests somewhere where it can get light, you might end up with two homewreckers :)
 
what kind of fish are in your tank? Are you sure that nothing it munching on it. Any angels? I just got rid of a flame angel today for biting my corals. Looked just like a piece being broken off the coral.
Jeff

Mostly tangs in there Hawaiian naso, unicorn tang, chocolate tang, 2 fox face, target mandarin, swallowtail angel, Watchman goby. Various inverts. All fed well and kept fat. Fed lettuce and mysis daily. Minor swing in ph due to refugium opposite of display, no temp issue and stable dkh, calcium and mag. Reactor is dialed in.
 
I’ve had this exact thing happen. Once with a HW and once with a tiny nub of a tgc og op. I turned off all light and used a blue flash light to track down the op, but I never found the HW.
 
I’ve had this exact thing happen. Once with a HW and once with a tiny nub of a tgc og op. I turned off all light and used a blue flash light to track down the op, but I never found the HW.

Mines glued in and doesn’t move. Couldn’t find it at all. I’m sure the goby will cover it up. The base is good and praying it’ll be fine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new