Homewrecker broke

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small piece of the coral break off. The base still has color but no tip to it. The picture isn’t that good but what are your thoughts.
IMG_3904.JPG

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send me that lost tip!

And one or more of those radial tips on the base will probably start growing taller pretty soon to take the lead in establishing your homewrecker colony. In time you will not notice the lost one.

OP
OP
scabbedwings616

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of fish are in your tank? Are you sure that nothing it munching on it. Any angels? I just got rid of a flame angel today for biting my corals. Looked just like a piece being broken off the coral.
Jeff

Mostly tangs in there Hawaiian naso, unicorn tang, chocolate tang, 2 fox face, target mandarin, swallowtail angel, Watchman goby. Various inverts. All fed well and kept fat. Fed lettuce and mysis daily. Minor swing in ph due to refugium opposite of display, no temp issue and stable dkh, calcium and mag. Reactor is dialed in.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this exact thing happen. Once with a HW and once with a tiny nub of a tgc og op. I turned off all light and used a blue flash light to track down the op, but I never found the HW.

OP
OP
scabbedwings616

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this exact thing happen. Once with a HW and once with a tiny nub of a tgc og op. I turned off all light and used a blue flash light to track down the op, but I never found the HW.

Mines glued in and doesn’t move. Couldn’t find it at all. I’m sure the goby will cover it up. The base is good and praying it’ll be fine

Back