Honest opinions only

  • Thread starter Thread starter bossman818
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So I did something crazy. I put a piece of 1 inch wood under tank to support the whole tank especially front glass. I keep being told the front glass is the issue. It looks ugly at the moment but if this holds, I will make it flush to glass and put some type of decorative molding. I am adding 15 gallons of water a day and letting it sit to see anything goes wrong. I’m crossing my fingers. Any thoughts? I got a quote for a custom water box tank but it’s out of my budget ($1500). I really want to make this work. I don’t like giving up lol.
Status update for the curious?
 
Status update for the curious?
Some bubbles went away. No signs of seals failing. I have 3 fishes rock and coral. Front seal shows zero signs of stress. I check multiple times a day and going great so far. I’ll upload a photo I’m a few.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new