Honeycomb Eels and 3 white eyed Morays

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video. You can really see how they breath. Intake through the mouth and develop a balloon toward the back of the jar. Then as the balloon goes down, you see the flap on the side just behind the balloon open up. Very cool!

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video. You can really see how they breath. Intake through the mouth and develop a balloon toward the back of the jar. Then as the balloon goes down, you see the flap on the side just behind the balloon open up. Very cool!
they are such cool creatures

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are currently waiting on their 8x2.5x2.5 to be built, cant wait to see them in it, they are all growing so well, the Honeycomb is a weapon such a beautiful creature and the white eyed are like his silly henchmen lol

Three white eyes? How do you find they get along with eachother, in what size of tank? How big are they? Added together or separately?

I've got one, and would absolutely love to have more.

That big guy is impressive, I like.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three white eyes? How do you find they get along with eachother, in what size of tank? How big are they? Added together or separately?

I've got one, and would absolutely love to have more.

That big guy is impressive, I like.
Hi mate
the 3 white eye's get on perfectly and always have and are the only tank mates the big fella allows, in nature the white eye's hang out with other impressive beasts, they are around 3ft long, added all together, tank is 8ft, they are going in a larger tank in the new year

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to hear. I heard they get along well with each other in the wild, but hadn't confirmed it in an aquarium. I've only found 2 or 3 other people who even have them.

First and only eel I've kept, though it's my goal one day to have a tank dedicated to a monster like that honeycomb.

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Love my white eye, have him and a zebra....and a bunch of triggers. How,often do you feed and what? Mine seem to only eat lobster, feed them daily, but I think it is too much. But then again, they leave the the other fish alone. Very mellow dudes

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to hear. I heard they get along well with each other in the wild, but hadn't confirmed it in an aquarium. I've only found 2 or 3 other people who even have them.

First and only eel I've kept, though it's my goal one day to have a tank dedicated to a monster like that honeycomb.
yeah love them, they have such an in your face personality, the Honeycomb is a beast, just sit and watch him for hours, their new tank will be in the loungeroom so cant wait

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Love my white eye, have him and a zebra....and a bunch of triggers. How,often do you feed and what? Mine seem to only eat lobster, feed them daily, but I think it is too much. But then again, they leave the the other fish alone. Very mellow dudes
we feed once every 4-5 days, they all eat octopus, squid, and mullets,, crabs etc, lots of diff stuff
the big fella will eat 2-3 mullets\squids in one hit and the white eyes will eat anything hahaha

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine is about 18" and I feed every 2-3 days, depending on if he's showing the "I'm hungry!" behaviours. A mix of shrimp, squid, scallop, clam, krill. He was picky at first, but now eats just about anything from the tongs.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.8%
Back