Honeymoon Destinations for Reef Enthusiasts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter eefan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I can see now why Mr. E Wrasse is a fan of Bonaire. All the pics on TripAdvisor.comm are of Wrasse! Thank you to rev for posting this on FB and to everyone else for their recommendations.
 
I can see now why Mr. E Wrasse is a fan of Bonaire. All the pics on Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisorm are of Wrasse! Thank you to rev for posting this on FB and to everyone else for their recommendations.
Haha you caught me... the thing I probably love most is doing night dives and watching tha tarpon come up from like 140 ft and follow you because they use your light to hunt and eat anything you shine your light on haha. The reefs are stunning as well. If you are serious about it check out divi dive flamingo. That's where we go, nice accommodations and the best dive operation on the island too! If you're looking for a more "ritzy titzy" place then look into harbour something lol forgot the name
 
Marathon Key is my dig...lobster hunting and diving...SAY What! I guess I'm less "financially liquid" then y'all.
 
Haha you caught me... the thing I probably love most is doing night dives and watching tha tarpon come up from like 140 ft and follow you because they use your light to hunt and eat anything you shine your light on haha. The reefs are stunning as well. If you are serious about it check out divi dive flamingo. That's where we go, nice accommodations and the best dive operation on the island too! If you're looking for a more "ritzy titzy" place then look into harbour something lol forgot the name

Night Dives in Okinawa were awesome. 100s of lionfish in the moonlight plus whales singing...yeah that was zero fun. I digress.....
 
I know Australia is on my top ten to visit. My fiance showed me stuff on the Maldives. The resorts there look amazing. Has anyone been and would you recommend it?

this is the one we went to. Angsana Velavaru (Maldives/Haa Dhaalu Atoll) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor
it's just amazing. Recommend to stay for at least 7days. but the price is at higher end and takes forever to get there. The shortest one we pick fly us from LA to Dubai. Then from Dubai to Male (capital of Maldives). And then from Male to the island. (about 1.5 day including transfer) If you decide to go, dont waste time and money in Male at the last day.
 
I'll be in Aruba for mine in October. Supposed to be lots of sponge and brain corals at one of the dive sites we're planning. I've snorkled the Bahamas and there are beautiful reefs there. While i highly recommend Kauai, the coral there is just okay but the fish and turtles make up for it...
 
My fiance pointed out in one of her wedding ezine that Harbor Village in Bonaire is a must for divers. This is of course before I told her about your recommendation. Apparently they offer a honeymoon package that includes accommodations as well as a dive package. Also, does anyone here use an underwater camera when diving and which one would you recommend?
 
My fiance pointed out in one of her wedding ezine that Harbor Village in Bonaire is a must for divers. This is of course before I told her about your recommendation. Apparently they offer a honeymoon package that includes accommodations as well as a dive package. Also, does anyone here use an underwater camera when diving and which one would you recommend?
Haha see!! I thought youd rather want to do harbor village since its your honeymoon rather than divi dive flamingo haha. And I use a sea life. Its a hreat underwater set up and perfect for beginners. I think it runs about 7 or 800
 
I used a nikon coolpix on my dives. However, when looking at cameras keep in mind how deep they can go. The nikon can only go to 10 meters which is the limit usually for beginner divers/people without certification. So if you are certified, get a camera that can go deeper.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new