hoping for a new challange

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone im new to the forum.
little new to reefing witch ive done for a year now.
ive kept freshwater for 15 years with endgoals to accomplish self sustaining eco systems.
ive had a 16gallon (60liter) reef tank for a year now and im just done cycling a 2,5gallon (10liter) pico tank. i know smaller is harder to keep and thats exactly what im looking for haha. so ill be looking for lots of pico treads and maybe in the future build a micro algea tank to build towards a self sustaining saltwater ecosystem to witch ive always done with freshwater.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You might consider doing one for each of your tanks (entirely up to you!), though they will only give you one badge.

This might help you find people local to you in the Netherlands:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome.jpg

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Picos are definitely a challenge but sometimes a big challenge is just what we need. There are plenty of knowledgeable, friendly, helpful people here. I hope you enjoy it here. Glad you joined.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hello everyone im new to the forum.
little new to reefing witch ive done for a year now.
ive kept freshwater for 15 years with endgoals to accomplish self sustaining eco systems.
ive had a 16gallon (60liter) reef tank for a year now and im just done cycling a 2,5gallon (10liter) pico tank. i know smaller is harder to keep and thats exactly what im looking for haha. so ill be looking for lots of pico treads and maybe in the future build a micro algea tank to build towards a self sustaining saltwater ecosystem to witch ive always done with freshwater.
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Sounds like you've got some definite end goals in place. Have fun and enjoy the ride! Don't forget that build thread to help document your experiences!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 158 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.7%
Back