Hosting question

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh it's a valid method. My concern is that I have lost clowns that just rushed right in.

One minute I am "oh fantastic the clown is taking to the anemone, that next moment was oh great why is my fish floating around looking stunned".

My last Haddoni ate 3 Domino Damsels that rushed right in and 2 clowns. :confused:
Well imo carpets are not really meant for hosting. Btas i beleive are the best shot. And may i alsp add that when you do this keep a close eye on them if the fish start reacting strabgely, sepereate them for a while and then reintroduce them.

Pura Vida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the offer. But our preschool is a non-profit. We keep our rates as low as possible so any family seeking quality care in a licensed Christian pre-school is able to attend provided there is space. Because of this we have a very minimal profit margin. We wouldnt have it in our budget to buy the fish and pay for over night shipping. Thus far, everything for the tank has either been donated by myself or other local hobbyists. Gold Flake Maroons are definately very pretty fish, Im sure they look amazing in your tank and bring you much joy to watch :)

You have misunderstood me. Since this was for the preschoolers I was offering the fish as a donation. No charge. I will even pay shipping. I would never dream of asking a teacher to pay for something for her classroom. Here in Florida I see that way to often.

Downbeach

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the years, I've had BTA's, PLTA', and Haddon's carpets. The only time I had a clown go directly to the nem, was a Maroon Clown that hosted a RBTA. But, the RBTA wasn't fully established in the tank and the clown, in an attempt to host, was too rough, keeping the nem from settling. In this case I had to remove the clown, let the nem find a spot it was happy with, and then reinstall the clown. So, I think you would be better served to place the nem in the tank first, and allow it to settle in before you add a clown. My next attempt was with a PLTA and some tank raised clowns. In this case the nem quickly established itself, but the clowns would not host. After some time, I decided to get a wild caught clown to see if it would host the nem. The wild caught clown went right to the nem, and within a couple days, the tank raised clowns were hosting the nem, had evicted the smaller wild caught clown. A few years later, I replaced the PLTA with a Haddon's, and had the same problem with the existing clowns, so I went through the same process of adding a wild caught, which hosted, and again within a couple days lured the others into the nem.

OP
OP
bump3rb33tl3

bump3rb33tl3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have misunderstood me. Since this was for the preschoolers I was offering the fish as a donation. No charge. I will even pay shipping. I would never dream of asking a teacher to pay for something for her classroom. Here in Florida I see that way to often.
Oh! Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it! This is very generous of you. I would love to add your maroon clowns to our school aquarium! Our kiddo's would really enjoy having them. I will send you a pm.

Back