Hosting?

DoubleReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2017
Messages
42
Reaction score
44
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my rbta, ive had Some before but my clown fish never hosted in it and it ended up dying later on but I got another one and I have them in a breeders net but I cannot get her to go in the nem willingly only if i move my finger around. Does the male also need to be in the net with her for them to host? Any tips greatly appreciated!!
 
Despite what you may have heard/read, there is NO way you can force this relationship. Any tricks you try may not help and be purely coincidental if they do "work". And keep in mind not all clownish species host naturally in e quads in the wild.
 
There is no guaranty that clownfish will dive into an anemone, some never will, some take few days, some take few months to "discover" the anemone present in your tank. Also, both of species clowfish or anemone won't need each other to survive, it's just cool looking purely for our pleasure in home aquarium. If either of your clownfish or anemone died in the past, it's due to unhealthy one or something wrong in your system or some incorrect setup.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new