How am I lookin? First time quarantine

fourfootreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, I just picked up a Lubbock fairy wrasse as my first ever quarantine fish. He's being a bit shy at the moment but that's expected. He's in a 10 gal with a few pounds of liverock. I drip acclimated for an hour and did my best to wrasse-proof the lid.

These are the products I have on hand, as well as frozen mysis, which I know he likes. Are there any others you'd recommend?

I am not dosing copper at the moment, but am planning on observing for 2 weeks. What are your thoughts? Do you add general medication before you see sickness or after? Do you wait a while and then dose regardless of anything showing up? Do you only observe, if so, for how long?

Any other tips or advice on the quarantining process?

qt04.jpg
qt02.jpg
qt03.jpg
qt01.jpg

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to get very varied advice depending of what each individual believe.
Some people never quarantine, just plop the fish in the DT. I am one of them.
Some people observe first, for a few days to a few weeks, and treat only if they see something wrong.
Some people follow a very long and detailed protocol with different medications, in a certain order whether the fish is sick or not.
So it is really up to you, to see what you want to do. Every method have their pro and cons, you choose the one which is right for you.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditch the Cupramine and get Coppersafe or Copper Power instead now. This will save you a lot of money. You also need a Hanna Copper reader as well as Prazipro & Seachem Kanaplex & Metroplex to complete your medicine cabinet

Last edited:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditch the Cupramine and get Coppersafe or Copper Power instead now. This will save you a lot of money. You also need a Hanna Copper reader as well Praxipro & Seachem Kanaplex & Metroplex to complete your medicine cabinet
And an ammonia test

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back