Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SG 1.027
nitrate 30
Phos 0.3
Cal 460
KH 8.8

I have a wall hammer a torch. Zoas, toadstool, leather finger and a acropora didgita as i wanted to see if my lighting would be good for it. And it is fully extended with white growth tips after 3 weeks still. My question is....

I started getting coralline dark deep red spreading over my power heads and rock fast! More growth every day. It seems as soon as i have added the sps frag it has stopped spreading completely???

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SG 1.027
nitrate 30
Phos 0.3
Cal 460
KH 8.8

I have a wall hammer a torch. Zoas, toadstool, leather finger and a acropora didgita as i wanted to see if my lighting would be good for it. And it is fully extended with white growth tips after 3 weeks still. My question is....

I started getting coralline dark deep red spreading over my power heads and rock fast! More growth every day. It seems as soon as i have added the sps frag it has stopped spreading completely???
How long have you had the sps? What was your dkh prior to adding sps?

OP
OP
loweryphil

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the sps about 3 weeks. Was using api tests before switching to saltifert at the start of the week. It was coming up as 5. I bought red sea coralline kh buffer and this has now brouht it up to 8.8 tested with saltifert

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting do you have?

What is your Mg?

Your nitrates need to come down to around 8 to 10 ppm.

I think without a picture you have Red caynobactira and this can be caused by you're lighting and the high nitrates.:)

anthonys51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is new. Make sure you test every 3 days and write down the results. I would lower your salt to 1.026 but not a major issue. Also be careful with buffers most alk buffers also raise ph witch can be dangerous. I would use a 2 part dosing if you can much safer and harder to over dose

OP
OP
loweryphil

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a boyu tl 550 so it comes with pl 10000k lighting. I also installed an aquaray 600 blue led into the hood. Its red coralline as it wont scrape off. I change 25L of water weekly in a 125L tank so this should take care of the MG i hope as this is the only thing i dont test. The water i buy comes a bit low on Dkh at about 7.3 so i add 8ml of coralline buffer to bring it up to 8.8.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back