How can I remove my pistol shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ledreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ledreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Messages
1,430
Reaction score
758
Location
-
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tigger pistol shrimp and the little guy destroy my tank I'm really up sad with this shrimp
 
Cover all my coral with the sand. He take all the sand under the rock make the rocks move and Break my corals
 
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394201067.083747.jpg
this shrimp want destroy my tank
 
You don't have to remove all the rock. Shrimp are nocturnal so they are out and about at night. Wait til after dark and use a blue led light and probably leave a net in the tank before you do all this so its use to seeing it then wait til there not paying attention and nab him.
 
You can alsi try putting a trap in the tank after lights out this should catch the shrimp as well. Its not as hard as you might think
 
What kind of trap?

You can even make your own with a 20-22 ounce soda bottle. Cut the top off at the shoulder of the bottle and invert it so the screw top part is inside the bottle. It makes a lobster trap of sorts where the shrimp goes in but can't find his way back out right away. I've used it to catch renegade damsel fish too.
 
After I destroy my hole tank I took all rock out

Well, that's the hard way to do it but it gets the job done! Anyhow, now you can tweak those aquascape quirks that bothered you or maybe it was perfect and that pesky shrimp just made you destroy it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new