how can I temporarily plug overflow holes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thizz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Thizz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
384
Reaction score
27
Location
Socal
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
doing a new build and want to completely rinse out my tank for a fresh start.

if I don't have any spare bulkheads on hand to cap off, what can i do to plug 3 holes in the overflow box? I've never tried it but would flex seal tape work or would the pressure make it release over a few days
 
not sure where the pressure will be coming from, and therefore how much it needs to resist, but some rubber bungs work well for me when I want to temporarily close my overflow/return pipes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new