How can R2R make our emails better?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello reefing family!

I wanted to reach out to you today to let you know that we're always looking to improve and be better at what we do and sometimes we get stuck in a rut and need some help! So we need your help today with the following question.

How can we make our site emails so good that you would look forward to opening them? YES THAT GOOD!

I'm not talking about the emails that tell you someone posted in your thread or sent you a message etc. We're talking about the NEWS and QOTD emails we send out. Or maybe we totally rethink our strategy all together! You tell us!

bigstock-Customer-Service-And-Satisfact-474968691.jpg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i believe it really depends on the person.

personally, i prefer being DM'd by the reef2reef bot with news or updates regarding giveaways and such intsead of emails. i already receive notifications(on the website) of new site-wide threads being opened like the QOTD, etc.

I receive way too many emails daily (due to work, and other email subscriptions), so if i do not consistently open the emails they eventually start being sent to the junk folder (which is not what anyone wants!).

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i believe it really depends on the person.

personally, i prefer being DM'd by the reef2reef bot with news or updates regarding giveaways and such intsead of emails. i already receive notifications(on the website) of new site-wide threads being opened like the QOTD, etc.

I receive way too many emails daily (due to work, and other email subscriptions), so if i do not consistently open the emails they eventually start being sent to the junk folder (which is not what anyone wants!).

Thank you for that!

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev I would love a email from r2r saying you :)have won a r2r pen lol . Some people hate emails and some don’t mind . I would open any email from R2R if the title was. Winner Winner chicken dinner. Joking aside there’s not much up with the r2r site never mind emails The staff and members make r2r what it is today
Cat Perfection GIF by Abitan

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be neat if the R2R bot could ping us when the email went out, and we got like an overview message of what was sent in the email. I know for me, I don't check my email often since I get so many each day so having a notification on the website would be cool if that is possible.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be neat if the R2R bot could ping us when the email went out, and we got like an overview message of what was sent in the email. I know for me, I don't check my email often since I get so many each day so having a notification on the website would be cool if that is possible.
I’m down for that ^

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I’m down for that ^

So like a Message to your R2R account with the contents of the email?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I say no emails at all unless that box is checked in preferences.
I have all my email notification turned off for this exact reason.

Yes I agree, but we're talking about people who want emails and what they want to see in them.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello reefing family!

I wanted to reach out to you today to let you know that we're always looking to improve and be better at what we do and sometimes we get stuck in a rut and need some help! So we need your help today with the following question.

How can we make our site emails so good that you would look forward to opening them? YES THAT GOOD!

I'm not talking about the emails that tell you someone posted in your thread or sent you a message etc. We're talking about the NEWS and QOTD emails we send out. Or maybe we totally rethink our strategy all together! You tell us!

bigstock-Customer-Service-And-Satisfact-474968691.jpg
The amount of emails and content of emails are just right. Anything R2R is always good content.
Just yesterday, I unsubscribed from 11 entities as they were getting excessive and nonsense content.
This group Wont be one of them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back