How did you choose your profile pic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anna K
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I was SCUBA diving at night for lobsters in the Long Island Sound and saw this 1/2" hermit crab and I thought it had eyebrows like me 😀
<--------------------<<

 
I Just wanted something unique that really makes a bold statement about my reef keeping methodology and my artsy side. If you look closely and you will see two pictures in one. The almost subliminal imaging took tremendous effort to get right. If you can't see it at first, just keep looking, it will eventually pop out at you!
 
I'd love to have an octopus tank someday in the distant future, so I chose the one photo I have from diving with an octopus. 😅
That's pretty neat!
 
Ummm r2r gave it to me 😂 jk been meaning to change my pic so I guess I’ll do that today and edit this post later.
 
Currently, mine is Heisenberg based off Walter White. I’m bald and have grown a goatee to be Walter White for Halloween in the past

Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows and it’s how I envisioned @Randy Holmes-Farley until recently 😂
<-----I'm wearing shades to hide my wicked eyes and my uniform makes people decide that I'm here to do good as I distract the public from the graft and corruption that is carried on in plane sight.

Last month 58 million worth of land titles were shuffled between non-profit conservancies at the publics expense while no new lands were protected between the trumpeted 30/30 transactions.

Nothing to hide, except perhaps some soul crushing shame for not taking more of the action. Badly broken.
 
The one that got me. Toxopneustes pileolus.

Currently I don't keep one, but it is on the list again. One of the most beautiful Urchins out there.

It's in Dutch but maybe you can translate it.

My fault :)
https://aquainfo.nl/toxopneustes-pileolus-een-zee-egel-met-wat-risicos/
Google has a feature, otherwise my Dutch is nitch sehr gut.

These things are toxic!
From the page:

Advice​

I don't really have any advice. It's just stupid to put this animal in your aquarium. At the time of writing I don't have a specimen in my possession, but they are definitely in the plans again. I'm in love with it and was very proud of it. I hope to find 3 species of hedgehogs at the time and one of them will definitely be this Toxopneustes pileolus. Actually, it can already be determined that the chance is 75% or more that I will ever be bitten again.

This is and remains the stupidest thing I do. You should not buy this animal, you know it is poisonous, you almost know in advance that it will go wrong at some point... and yet you do it. That is what I call a stupid action.

But… they are so beautiful!

🤞
 
If you can't see it at first, just keep looking, it will eventually pop out at you!
I don't think so Bean. I looked for an hour and a half and only saw a circle. Kind of the same shape as a bean. Almost. 😯
 
One of the things I love most about R2R is how everyone gets to choose their own profile picture.

After a while, as you browse the forums, you start recognizing people more by their profile pic than their username.. until they change it and suddenly you're doing a double take (looking at you, Mr. Crabs!).

I really enjoy seeing the variety - whether it's a stunning fish, a coral you're proud of, a favorite character, or just something that makes you smile. Maybe your pic is of your first successful coral, your dream fish, or there's a funny story behind it.

So let’s hear it, what made you choose your profile picture? 😁
My dream saltwater fish to keep from my job. A fish that’s sold but I got attached anyway lol
 
I don't think so Bean. I looked for an hour and a half and only saw a circle. Kind of the same shape as a bean. Almost. 😯
You gave up too soon. There is a copper fish in there if you stare long enough....
 
My avatar is a photo of my two yellow sided green cheek conures. Kaiya, in the back, at 7 weeks old and Keiko at 4 weeks old with feathers just coming in.

They are now 7 years old and big fans of R2R

IMG_0252.jpeg
 
My avatar is a photo of my two yellow sided green cheek conures. Kaiya, in the back, at 7 weeks old and Keiko at 4 weeks old with feathers just coming in.

They are now 7 years old and big fans of R2R
I see your avatar as a photo of a St. Bernard and a baby!
 
I see your avatar as a photo of a St. Bernard and a baby!
Sorry about that. I was testing a new one and changed it by accident. It’s back to my birdies!
 
Prompted a brindle greyhound (my late Good Boy) scientist wearing glasses and a lab coat looking at an aquarium. Best of many attempts, most of which couldn't manage glasses on a greyhound's face!
My brindle girl.💕
 
Mine is my cat being forced to wear an orca hat. He posed nicely with it for about twenty seconds before ripping it off and swearing eternal vengeance.

He's a big fan of the tank, but in a more literal sense.

IMG_20191216_202121953.jpg


He thought the sump made for a fun hiding place.

Sadly, neither of the cats have ever paid much attention to the tank. I suspect the lights are just too bright for them.
 
Not actually breeding because they don't breed in captivity to my knowledge but being able to introduce a male to the tank with a resident female and have them bond was really cool. Many folks struggle to keep one alive because they can be difficult so being able to keep two together is a big deal to me.
where can I read more of this? I'd love to have a pair as my centerpiece in the future!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new