How do giant aquariums manage phosphate levels?

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What brand are you using? Best place to buy? My GFO use and expense is out of hand.
I use seaklear phosphate remover commercial grade. I purchased my last bottle from amazon. Be sure and dilute it before use and dont use a lot at one time. I have seen some stn before from adding too much at one time. I believe from dropping my phos levels too fast stressing the corals. On the expense side, one bottle of this at $ 20-30 will last you for several years. Makes the cheap side of me very happy!!!!
Jeff

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use seaklear phosphate remover commercial grade. I purchased my last bottle from amazon. Be sure and dilute it before use and dont use a lot at one time. I have seen some stn before from adding too much at one time. I believe from dropping my phos levels too fast stressing the corals. On the expense side, one bottle of this at $ 20-30 will last you for several years. Makes the cheap side of me very happy!!!!
Jeff
Ok thank for the info. Definitely ordering some.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back