how do I buff acrylic? ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter rng_pw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rng_pw

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
612
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an acrylic tank with some scratches on it that I need to buff out. Most are fine scratches but there are a few deeper ones that you can feel. I need as much advice as possible. What material do I need? Is there a kit that I can buy? Thanks in advance.

Ricky,
 
The novus kit has worked great for me when polishing out my Frag Tank. I would try that one before anything else. An buffer reeeeeeeeeealy helps the process though.
 
Def get the kit. It comes with like 6 different papers or creams and a polish. Be patient and dont push too hard or go too fast. Read the directions. I think ur suppose to go in opposite directions with each change in paper, and gradually expand ur area to overlap. This is important. A buffer works great for the last polish step
 
Thanks for the advice guys. I made some decent progress tonight but my tank is a pain in the butt to buff out. It's 38 inches deep and only 10 inches wide so needles to say I had to get creative .

Ricky,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new