How do i quarantine a Copperband Butterfly fish?

fish fish fish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
12
Location
America
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to pick up a copperband butterfly fish at my lfs for my 75gallon. Issue is I only have a 10 gallon qt and also I'm not sure how to feed it without directly adding it into my dt since everywhere I've read says you need to slowly get it to adapt to eating frozen mysis.My sump and display tank are full of tiny bristleworms and featherdusters that i can put into the qt tank if thats enough.
 
Did you not see it eat at the LFS?

what was it eating at the LFS?

I would try some mastick on SPS skeleton
 
Did you not see it eat at the LFS?

what was it eating at the LFS?

I would try some mastick on SPS skeleton
I saw it eat mysis at the lfs and its been there for 2weeks. They posted on facebook what it looks like. Does anything look wrong with it. Might buy it if it's still there in a week.
1747723310289.png
 
Elliot at marine collectors blackouts their QT tank so as they are not distracted I believe. It is on one of the tidal gardens video interviews.
That being said, there still is a chance the fish was collected nefariously with cyonide and even though it is eating dies eight months later from organ shutdown.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new