How do I replace an Apex controller?

laconic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have received a A3 replacement but they did not send instructions on how to replace it. I have access to local and saved my bin file. Once I go to the new one and load the config will it get the name of the previous controller

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have received a A3 replacement but they did not send instructions on how to replace it. I have access to local and saved my bin file. Once I go to the new one and load the config will it get the name of the previous controller
Have a look at the bottom of this thread. I believe this might very well be the guidance you're looking for by @SuncrestReef . He's the man you need!

OP
OP
laconic

laconic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am ready to toss this in the garbage. I loaded my config on the new one, and it stopped responding. I do not see it on my router at all

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Go to the link @CasperOe referenced and post your current situation there. It would be good to keep these conversations in one thread. I just received a new Apex eL and have my old one on line. I'll try to help as much as I can...just post over on the other thread (Setup Replacement Apex Unit).

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I find it easier to not load network settings when restoring from backup. Every time I’ve restored network settings I lose access after the restore.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
** DELETED ** sorry...

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I factory reset it? Power strip still isn't coming back.
"To initialize the Apex to factory settings press and hold the button until the status LED turns RED (about 30 seconds), then release the reset button."

LINK

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the button?
I imagine it's the one in the red circle on this picture. Did you read the manual or the support section on Neptune Systems webpage? :)

If not, there's a link right here!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 19

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is different
What about the wee reset button next to the second Aquabus? Is that not the one you're looking for? If not, then i'd leave it for the experts! :)

OP
OP
laconic

laconic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tried resetting still no networking :confounded-face:. I sent another message to support. Thanks for everyones help

OP
OP
laconic

laconic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Neptune wants to schedule a call for next week. This is simply bad support. I will not be buying anymore from them

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found it’s easier to set up the new apex and physically re write all the code myself especially because I’m sure you only have 1 energy bar so 8 outlets big deal gunna take you an hour total for the program. I have 27 modules and still do this way and takes a day or 2 for complete reprogram

OP
OP
laconic

laconic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It is a one-minute push of the reset button to reset networking. The save and load has not been updated since 2016 so don't use it. instead, copy and paste and grab a screenshot of your config

OP
OP
laconic

laconic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have found it’s easier to set up the new apex and physically re write all the code myself especially because I’m sure you only have 1 energy bar so 8 outlets big deal gunna take you an hour total for the program. I have 27 modules and still do this way and takes a day or 2 for complete reprogram
How often are you replacing your controllers?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often are you replacing your controllers?
Lol very rare. I own and currently use 3 systems along with have a maintenance business that sometimes set up systems for other people and have access and control them from my phone

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back