How do I run my ATK from my garage, to my tank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lennyd19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being you have the 2016 Neptune sells a solenoid that works great. I have one. For tubing if it is a long run just use regular 1/4 OD from lowes or Home Depot.

TonapahNorth

Reefed In
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use the DOS pump to pull out of my fresh salt water tank which is well over 20feet away. I also just run a RODI line on hi lo floats to a Fresh Water ATO container that’s close to the sump. TheRODI unit will push the water to the ATO for you. Don’t sweat pumping it that way. At first, I just turned a shut off valve on the rodi line to the ATO and manually filled it about every 3-4 days. Now I use high low switch on it. But anyway once the ATO container is near the sump/apex brains then the ATK is easy at that point.

For you, I also think the redundancy in the ATK is designed for applications like yours. I’ve considered just removing my ATO entirely and connecting my RODI directly to the ATK on the sump. Let the RODI unit do the work. In addition, LDS units could tell you when/if you get any leaking.

Don’t make it harder than it needs to be.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back