OP
J

jorge-Thalia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bu the way now that i finished the cabinets i installed and exhaust fans in Attic deawing air from top of tank preventing moisture to build up or water dripping from lights everywhere.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
J

jorge-Thalia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still having issues wrapping my head around this. So you have a pump sending water from garage up stairs and then to tank, tank drains to sump under tank and is then pumped upstairs to garage? Both sumps can hold all volume of either or both sumps? If so only issues you'd have is no flow in one sump (assuming you have wave pumps in tank) and possibly burning up a pump that has run dry unless it has auto shut off most do, and possibly ato issues when pumps get out of sync.
Correct, flow i added a wave maker to sump.
Also i used the best equipment and pumps and monitor everything through my phone,even the water flow passing the pipes with hydros,check valves on each lines etc.
And i have no engineering experience at all so IDK how pumps equal but all i know its working Perfectly fine.

OP
OP
J

jorge-Thalia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iwish…that was my first goal but wife turned down the option due to living room styling lol
Is there no way to have the tank on the same wall as the garage then just go through the wall? This is my plan when i get a larger tank.

Your idea just gives me wet floor vibes.

OP
OP
J

jorge-Thalia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update….
Best decision i ever made…. For extra protection i added 1 water sensor on each sump if water reaches the sensor on sump below tank will shut down the pump on garage and viceversa on the garage sump.
This will prevent to much water on either side….
I’m extremely happy with the Outcome and also i proved myself nothing is impossible…..
There is a lot of technology on this hobby nowadays that will let you do anything you want.

OP
OP
J

jorge-Thalia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update on this project.
So far 2 Months and everything is perfectly fine.
Extremely happy with results and how easy is to have everything in Garage.
If you are thinking on doing it just go for it….
You won’t regret it….

BreezyMM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great! My only advice would be to check and double check your backups to ensure that your sump in the living room does not overflow during power outages / pump failures / etc.

I did something similar but I was able to go through the wall so I can gravity feed the garage sump. It is so nice having your sump in an area that has a lot of space!

This:
1711497556504.png

very quickly turned into this:
1711497656930.png

coreytrv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jorge-Thalia I love that you did this, I'm in the same boat, and am trying to set up a remote sump, on a closed loop filter system now.

I do NOT have the ability to have a sump undernearth the tank, but I do have an attic sump setup for a protein skimmer.

Here's my plumbing diagram. The protein skimmer sump is filled from the main filter return manifold, and gravity drains to the tank.

What sensors / pumps did you use to monitor flow / automate shutoff?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.2%
Back